If you’re involved in a local congregation, chances are you have a desire to connect with others. In order to grow as a believer, it’s important to maintain a presence in a community. It’s also important to figure out ways to serve others. As a woman, it’s a great idea to start by connecting the women of your church to one another. In many churches, women tend to feel misunderstood, excluded and alone. You can change this epidemic by intentionally ministering in the following ways.
1. Kind Acts
Sometimes, a kind act will do so much to help another woman as she’s going through life’s challenges. If you know that a woman is dealing with some stress in her marriage, offer some words of encouragement in a beautifully hand-written note. You don’t have to bring up the fact that you know about the marital issues because that can get sticky. However, if you’re offering encouraging words, that lets her know that you’re rooting for her. A kind act doesn’t have to be extravagant. Sometimes, it’s the thought behind the act that counts the most.
2. Bible Studies
Since you all are church-going members, you can take time out to lead an effective Bible study. Women are struggling with so many private issues that they’re uncomfortable sharing. A bible study is a perfect context to spiritually minister to a woman and build her up. It’s a chance to let her know that you are praying for her and will always lead her back to the Word of God. Do your research to find women’s bible study lessons that cover a myriad of real-life issues that are relatable to the ladies in your congregation.
3. Event Hosting
Reserve one night a month to host an event that brings the women together. You might decide to host the event at a local restaurant. Many restaurants have large rooms that they offer free of charge. It’s just important for everyone to order food. This event can easily serve as a ladies’ night out and an opportunity for everyone to relax. Many women are bogged down with so many responsibilities. It’s nice to come to a space with like-minded women and relax.
The last time we went to a Starbucks Coffee Shop, a cork board caught my attention.
Starbucks had different partner NGOs since 2007. Here are the lists of the NGOs and brief descriptions about them that I saw posted inside the Starbucks Coffee Shop:
- CASA San Miguel – Starbucks partner since 2007
- CASA San Miguel has been a home to generations of artists, musicians, writers and dancers; nurturing artistic excellence and Filipino heritage for the past 23 years. Through its youth mentorship program in a tiny fishing village in Zambales, CASA continues to mould and prepare holistic individuals for a wide range of careers both within and outside the spheres of arts and culture.
- Hope in a Bottle – Starbucks partner since 2012
- HOPE’s flagship program builds much-needed public school classrooms across the Philippines using the profits from “HOPE in a Bottle”, a purified bottled water. HOPE has built 18 classrooms since 2012.
- Teach for the Philippines – Starbucks partner since 2014
- Teach for the Philippines (TFP) is a not for profit organization committed to growing a more developed Philippines through education. TFP focuses on the development of professional educators and future servant-leaders through a two-year Fellowship Program that recruits, trains and places Teacher Fellows in public schools.
- Philippines Educational Theatre Association – Starbucks partner since 2015
- The Philippine Educational Theatre Association (PETA) is a non-profit organization committed to using theater that is distinctly Filipino as a tool for social change. Founded in 1967, PETA has written, translated, adapted, published, and performed more than 400 plays and conducted thousands of workshops locally and internationally. Through its pursuit of artistically excellent theater aesthetics and pedagogy, PETA continues to empower people and help shape the cultural landscape of the country.
STARBUCKS have supported all these advocacies through the sales they generated from their products and unrestricted grants that they provided for these different non-profit organizations.
I didn’t know about all these things that Starbucks Coffee are doing for the country but I am glad that I came to know about it. CHEERS to MORE CUPS of Starbucks Coffee that we will be drinking!
I had 3 Starbucks planner to date, the Starbucks 2013, 2015 and 2016. All these 3 Starbucks Planner were given to me by my close family and friends because we don’t have a Starbucks Coffee Shop nearby. The closest that we have are the ones located in Cagayan de Oro City and in Davao City which will take me 4 to 5 hours to get there. It is quite frustrating especially when people would post their Starbucks Planner and how they get to own one. I joined a lot of online contests and giveaways just to win a Starbucks Planner but sad to say, I didn’t won any of it. I am really hoping that this time, I will get one through drinking Starbucks Coffee and get those stickers in order for me to have the Starbucks Planner that I want. This year they have 2 designs to choose from and I love them both, though I would only need one.
My best friend starting collecting stickers for me, and before she left the Philippines she gave it to me with 6 stickers already. When I visited my husband in Cebu, we went to Starbucks and ordered two coffee in order to add more stickers to my promo card. I am really a coffee-addict but distance kept me from collecting 18 stickers that I need to have a planner of my own. But I will not stop from dreaming of owning one.
If you are like me who wants to own one, this is how to get one :
HOW TO GET THE LIMITED EDITION STARBUCKS COFFEE PLANNER 2017
- A customer can avail of a Starbucks® Christmas Traditions Promo card from November 2, 2016 to January 8, 2017 with no purchase required.
- One sticker is awarded for each Starbucks® handcrafted beverage purchase. Holder must accumulate a total of eighteen (18) stickers, to redeem one (1) Limited Edition Starbucks Coffee 2017 Planner.
- Customer must present the Starbucks® Christmas Traditions card to the barista upon purchase to get the corresponding number of stickers.
- In case any of the Holiday featured beverages are not available (ex. Toffee Nut Latte), customers can substitute it with any of the remaining holiday featured beverages (ex. Santa Hat Dark Mocha or Peppermint Mocha). Should all three (3) not be available, only then can customers substitute with any espresso-based or Frappuccino® blended beverage of their choice.
- A customer must complete the required number of stickers to qualify for the redemption of one (1) Limited Edition Starbucks Coffee 2017 Planner. A combination of up to two (2) promo cards will be allowed, provided that the 9 featured plus 9 core beverages have been purchased. Excess stickers for combined cards will be forfeited.
- Once all stickers are completed, customer must submit the Starbucks® Christmas Traditions Card/s to redeem one (1) Limited Edition Starbucks Coffee 2017 Planner from any Starbucks Coffee store in the Philippines.
- Tampering with and/or transferring of stickers to obtain the required number of stickers will render all promo cards null and void.
- Every purchase of a handcrafted beverage (including Starbucks Signature Pairings bundled beverage) using a Starbucks Card will be awarded one (1) sticker and one (1) Beverage Star. Terms and conditions that apply to the Starbucks Card are available on www.starbucks.ph/card.
- Single receipt bulk purchase of food and other retail items (merchandise, whole bean and Starbucks VIA®) worth at least ₱7,000 will entitle the customer to one (1) Limited Edition Starbucks Coffee 2017 Planner. Combination of receipts is not allowed.
- Bulk purchase of gift certificates and Starbucks Card load/reload of at least ₱7,000 will not entitle the customer to a planner.
- The following transactions and discounts are qualified for this promotion:
- Senior Citizen discount
- PWD discount
- VAT Exempt
- Personal Cup/Tumbler ₱5 discount
- The following coupons and discounts are disqualified for this promotion.
- Service Recovery Coupon
- Free Tall Beverage Coupon
- Customer Voice Redemption
- Starbucks Card Registration Treat
- Starbucks Card Beverage Treat Redemption
- Promotion starts on November 2, 2016. Stickers may be obtained from November 2, 2016 to January 8, 2017.
- Redemption of the Limited Edition Starbucks Coffee 2017 Planner starts November 2, 2016 up to March 9, 2017, at Starbucks stores in the Philippines only.